2. Jas. 4:7-8 Make up your mind to not allow the devil any influence in your marriage.
3. Eph. 5:22-25 Love your spouse deeply enough to accept and fulfill, cheerfully and without resentment, your God-given roles as husband and wife.
4. Eph. 6:4 Be committed to lead your family to be faithful to God.
5. Prov. 12:22 Always be honest with each other.
6. Eph. 4:31 Don’t give anger, bitterness or evil speaking any place in your relationship.
7. Eph. 4:32 Be kind and tenderhearted toward each other.
8. Mk. 11:25-26 Forgive, forget and move forward in your relationship.
9. Acts 20:35; 1 Cor. 13:7; Gal. 6:2 Be supportive, bear one another’s burdens.
10. 1 Thess. 5:17 Take your lives, your marriage, everything to God in prayer together.
11. 1 Thess. 5:18 Count your blessings together, and give thanks to God for them.
12. 1 Cor. 13:8, 13 Love each other deeply and unconditionally.
A good marriage does not happen by accident. It begins as a blessing from God. It develops and is maintained through careful focus and diligent determination of both husband and wife. These Rules Of Thumb can serve as a guideline in that development…