by: Gary L. Hutchens
It has been twelve weeks since the Sunny Slope family has had the opportunity to fully come together to worship God inside the church building. Probably, not a one of us ever dreamed of such a reality. The Covid19 pandemic has effectively kept most of us apart for almost three months.
The elders and deacons have met several times over the past two weeks to pray together and discuss when to open up the church building to allow the congregation to again gather together to worship. This coming Sunday, June 7 will be that day!
We realize that many maintain concerns about gathering together at this time. We encourage each member to pray for God’s guidance and wisdom. If you do not yet feel safe meeting inside the building, then take advantage of these other options to worship:
1. We will continue to live-stream worship on Facebook Live. You can be with the congregation in spirit by accessing the live-stream worship on the church’s Facebook page at Sunny Slope Church Of Christ.
2. We will continue to broadcast the worship service into the church parking lot over the radio at 89.3 on the FM dial.
For now we will meet inside the building for Sunday Morning Worship only, at 10:30 am each Sunday morning. Our prayer is that we will soon be able to resume a full schedule of worship services and Bible classes. Until then, Sunday Morning and Wednesday Evening Bible Classes will continue to be pod cast.
If Any Of These Situations Apply To You, Please Stay Home:
1. If you are at high-risk of contracting diseases or developing severe symptoms.
2. If you are sick in any way, not just with Covid19, but in any way.
3. If you have been in close contact with anyone who tested positive for Covid19.
Gary L. Hutchens